Evening everyone, I hope you are all well and have had a good day, I really want to say thank you so much to everyone for the massively positive response and the huge amount of support that people have shown me after yesterdays post. I really was overwhelmed, I also want to say thank you to the people who very kindly and constructively offered me feedback on the website, it really is so so helpful as this is all new to me and I am still very much at a trial and error stage, it's really important to me to get things right. I have taken all of the comments on board and will be tweaking the website over the next few days. I really do appreciate the support from you all and I have to say I don't think you are ever getting rid of me now lol but seriously I do regard myself as very very lucky to have such wonderful bloggy friends. (if you missed yesterdays post please scroll down to see what I am rambling on about lol)
Ok so now that all of the mushy waffle bit of the post is over with I do have a card to show you, I very in to experimenting with different styles and effects at the moment and I have seen lots of lovely examples of cards with several pieces of torn paper and lots of different textures etc and have been wanting to give it go. I find this particularly difficult for two reasons, firstly because I often feel compelled to be quite orderly with my cards and secondly because ripping some of my prettiest papers in to little pieces just feels wrong. But I am really glad I that I went with it and had a go.
I have tried to take a lot of pictures to show that I have made my easel card and then made a little hingey thing with strips of card and brads so that my waves move back and forth, I should really figure out how to do video on my blog lol i think it probably would have been easier. The last picture shows the hingey thing on the left before I added the waves to it. Three of the papers that I have used are graphics 45, I have also used some core'dinations kraft core card which I have torn and sanded. My image is a stamp from Magnolia and I have coloured her in using Promarkers and flex markers. I have then added some hessian fabric, some mossy bits from my flower stash that I thought looked like seaweed, a string of pearls and some of my handmade stick pins. I cut out the little seahorses using a cuttlebug die and made my bow which is just long piece of ribbon looped over and tied repeatedly, I stuck the bow down on top of piece of organza that I just folded over and glued in place and then I added button to the center of the bow. I think that's everything.
I would like to enter this card in to the following challenges,
Diva's By Design Challenge Blog - Challenge 28 - Stamp Something
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Simon Says Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers Challenge Blog - Challenge #110 - Bead It ( I used beads to make my stick pins)
Simply Magnolia Challenge Blog - Dies And/Or Punches & Ribbon
Magnolia Down Under Challenges - Challenge # 139 - Bingo ( I have gone for ribbons, fabric & buttons)
Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog - March Challenge - A Project That Moves & Grooves
Thank you for reading this post, as always I love to read your comments